We have many volunteering opportunities available. You can download our Volunteering Registration Form for more details, contact the Voluntary Services Team on 01273 273400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospice Ward Clerk Assistant- We are looking for friendly, reliable Ward Clerk Assistants to cover weekly shifts for our Inpatient unit, in Hove. Working alongside Ward Clerks, nursing staff and other volunteers, you will provide an efficient Ward Clerk Assistant service to our patients and their visitors. The role involves greeting and escorting visitors, answering calls, assisting staff, booking drivers and ambulances and other administrative duties. This role would be ideal for someone with previous administrative and/or nursing experience, however training will be given and a friendly, caring, can do attitude is the most important thing! You will need to be resilient and sensitive to the nature of volunteering in a hospice environment.
The shifts we currently need covering are:
Friday 1-5pm (weekly)
Friday 5-8pm (weekly)
Saturday- 5-8pm (weekly)
Sunday 1-5pm (Fortnightly)
Sunday 5-8pm (weekly)
For further information please download the role description.
Do you have a passion for fashion? Love of books? An eye for vintage or retro furniture? We need you! We are looking for friendly, relaible people to volunteer in our shops to help riase vital income for our services. We have a number of vacancies for Retail Assistants across Brighton, Hove and the surrounding area.
If you are interested, please see the role description and download the volunteer registration form
For more information about specific retail outlets, please follow the links below:-
- Martlets Warehouse and Furniture Showroom - Old Shoreham Road, Hove
- Martlets Hospice Gift Shop - Wayfield Avenue, Hove
- Martlets Hospice Lewes Shop - High Street, Lewes
- Martlets Hospice Rottingdean Shop - High Street, Rottingdean
- Martlets Hospice Woodingdean Shop - Warren Way, Woodingdean
- Martlets Hospice Hove Shop - Blatchington Road, Hove
- Martlets Hospice Brighton Shop - Western Road, Brighton
- Martlets Hospice Peacehaven Shop - South Coast Road, Peacehaven
- Martlets Hospice Brighton Shop - London Road, Brighton
- Martlets Hospice Vintage Shop - Church Street, Brighton
Events and Fundraising Volunteer - In Fundraising, we have opportunities for volunteers to help out at a diverse range of events. These are held at various times over weekdays/evenings and weekends. Roles can include acting as Martlets ambassadors, serving refreshments, helping run the event alongside a member of the fundraising team all contributing to raising vital funds for the hospice. This role comes with great flexibility allowing you to choose when and where you offer your help from a few hours a month to a more regular commitment.
Donation Box Collector and Distributor - We are looking for volunteers to assist with collecting and reissuing collection boxes in the community. This is on a four to six weekly basis and would suit a car owner or a keen walker.
Donation Box Cleaner - We are seeking a volunteer that can offer their time once a week. This role is based at our fundraising office and involves cleaning and preparing our donation collection boxes ready to be delivered to a range of locations across Brighton and Hove.
- If you are interested in the above roles, please contact the Voluntary Services Team on 01273 273400 or email email@example.com for more information.