- The Martlets Hospice is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. (Data Protection Act 1998)
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect via our website and how we may use it.
- When you submit an enquiry or place an order we need to know your details. This allows us to process and fulfil your enquiry and/or order. We do not collect any personal information that is not required for the order or enquiry process.
- We may use your personal information for the purpose of directly communicating with you.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- We follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation (Data Protection Act 1998). Information is only used for the purpose for which it is given.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can ask for the information we hold about you although we will request proof of identity.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings. We use the cookies to establish what pages of our website are the most popular and the type of information that visitors to the site are seeking.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require verification of your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). We will only send your information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area with your permission if that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of individuals in relation to processing personal data.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at:-
Tel: 01273 273400
Charity Number 802145